Monday, February 8, 2021

Failed Windows

 So I have this habit of putting laptop to sleep instead of shutting it down and last night, it takes its toll on me. After days, suddenly everything went haywire. Things happen when I press keyboard and all sort of things. And it lags for hours, taking extra extra time just to open tabs and totally not helping especially when I need loads of pdf tabs and google tabs to be open at the same time. Last night, everything just went nuts. So I finally shut it down, only to turn it on this morning, knowing its not shutting down properly.

I've crashed many laptop during my study days and the current one, its not even mine. It belongs to my husband because mine were crashed and I didnt repair it, yet. So since my husband is currently using his office's laptop, his kinda become mine. For my classes, my assignments and all. I think this is the fifth laptop that I've crashed, be it physically or internally.  

Just at the perfect moment when I have like couple of days before thesis submission and I know I have to do something about it. Thank God it didnt crash completely and I am still able to export files needed for my work.

So not wanting to take any risks of crashing, I called my brother, ask him for extra laptop and to fix this laptop and went straight to his house which is just few kilometres away. (I just hope I wont crash this one too). 

Is this a sign for me to get a new one? A much more light and compact and focusing only on typing work and not on software. Maybe. I dont know. What I know is I dont have income for me to buy on my own and its up to my husband. 

Well, he did offered me when I told him this afternoon but I dont want to burden him for my own fault. Plus, my brother said the internal is too slow and need to defrag and upgrade and since its for free, I guess I'll pass the offer, for now. 

I kinda like the vibes of the laptop my brother lent to me though. Its sleek, compact and very light. But I guess, it'll just have to wait. Plus, I havent completely crashed the laptop yet. 

So here's to more laptop (I hope I wont) continue to crash. 

Wasalam. Love, Nina M. 


No comments:

Post a Comment