Saturday, February 6, 2021

Eczema

The worst thing I've ever struggled and will forever struggling with is my sensitive, eczema skin. For the past months, I've been dealing with sudden inflammation on almost every part of my body. And I feel so bad about it, I mean, its obvious, on my fingers, feet and with someone with fair skin like me. So yeah, I get questions about it often. What frustrates me is that my usual to go lotion couldnt keep my skin moist anymore. And I become dependent to steroids and cream from the doctor which doesnt always come in big size especially when I have to cover the whole body with cream/lotion. Finding an alternatives is always a struggle because I have sensitive skin so to find something compatible means reading ingredients list and ensuring everything is up to my standard. 

So one day, my husband went to the store and I come across this lotion he sent picture (which wasnt the one I wanted at first) and I googled it and decided to give it a try. 

It turns out very moisturizing to my skin! Alhamdulillah. But note that, what works now, might not work later. So yeah, its always a try and error. Because previously I use Nivea, and then it doesnt work anymore, then I switched to other and then it become useless, and I'm back to Nivea again and I can say, this is my holy grail now. Definitely, my skin becomes less flaky and much supple. Still dry but less worst. However, for my fingers, since I cook everyday, and pretty much I cant really get my fingers to get better. I can always moisturize it but to get it back to normal would be so hard. 

I am so grateful for my husband that accepts me even in my worst skin condition. I just hope I wont pass this down to any of my kids because taking care of children with eczema means a high maintenance and putting a hole to your pockets. 

I know so, because I am dealing with it and my medication is not cheap. All the alternatives too. I mean, a 400ml lotion can only last less than a month because I wear it everyday after bath to my whole body. I just hope this lotion can last with me a while because finding other kind of lotion is really a hassle. 

I guess its the study stress, lack of sleep and emotional burnout that causes this inflammation to come back. Its been a roller coaster but with support from husband and family, I think I can manage. In Sha Allah. 

Wasalam. Love, Nina M. 


No comments:

Post a Comment