Sunday, March 22, 2020

Covid-19

Yea, I hated when things like this happens. Especially when people keep sharing how this is some biological weapons and how this is signs of apocalypse all sorts of stuffs. Things I avoided myself from reading because I know how it'll make me panic over things. Well, I've been panicking ever since January but I just calm myself down because everybody else told me its fine and I dont need to panic so much. And then, now everybody around me is panicking. But still in a controllable state, unlike me. So yea, I've taken few precautions before this cases goes haywire in Malaysia. I reduced our time out and spent time at home, especially when a toddler, you gotta start slow. Means you cant simply cage him at home, you gotta start with reducing out time, only for a stroll and reduced time at stores and explains to him why we gotta stay at home more often. And now, I guess Restricted Movement Order is enforced, I just gotta keep telling Harris that we gotta stay home and only my husband can go out to get supplies.

Just sharing our actions taken even before RMO was enforced.

1. Reduce stores time. Only taking Harris out for a stroll under our house and around our housing area.
2. Once coming home from work or other places, dont go and kiss Harris or each other.
3. Shower and wash all our clothes after going out especially in closed, air-conditioned area.
4. Bought hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes and ensure all soaps is enough.
5. Ensure all of our basic necessities is in order.
6. Ensure all hands are sanitized once touching metal, door handles, lift buttons.
7. Wear masks in meetings and when unwell.
8. Drink vitamin C and plenty of water.
9. Always keep our necessities complete.

Since we've enforced this waaaay before RMO, I guess it gets easier to continue the routine. Or so I think.....

I panicked guys. During the time that people are panic buying due to maybe lockdown will be enforced, was actually the day that we should be getting our groceries (tell me about bad timing). And so, the stores are full. So after the announcement of RMO, my husband told me he's getting groceries after midnight, after Harris's asleep because he always wants to tag along. Thank god St Rosyam is open 24 hours. But of course, panic buying continues. I told my husband to only get what's necessary and urgent. Also because I did bought most of the soaps all sorts the day before, what's left is only lauk basah, beras & minyak masak. So I told him to get only that and few other stuffs such as yee mee (we always have this in our stock for lazy cooking nights). And probably get the lauk basah the day after. Because, its packed with people! Like packed pack! So of course, social distancing is important, I told him we'll get other things later. Just buy beras and minyak masak first.

Early in the morning around 4am, he went again and get all the things we wanted to get earlier. Alhamdulillah, the traffic was better, means social distancing still can be applied. That morning, my husband need to head for the office because he needs to set up server for company's laptop and he still needs to work from home. I dont need to because I'm not that important? And yea, I got unpaid leave guys. Sucks.

Anyways, 5 days of RMO and what breaks me is seeing Harris grabbing his shoes wanting to go for a walk and I'm feeling dreadful because I cant let him. Also the reasons why my husband went out grocery shopping in the early morning. We've been spending loads of time at the balcony, we had breakfast there, picnic there, just to get Harris some fresh air (thank god for balcony). I'm starting to feel so stuck, staying at home, but I'm too paranoid to take over grocery shopping.

Actually I just submitted my Post Module Assignments for Financial Analysis. I've been slacking and procrastinating over it and panicked for the past couple of hours of finalizing it because I have so much more left (padan muka diri sendiri) for that and now I'm blogging. Been ditching my skincare routines for days now and pimples partying yay.....

I have seven more days before I need to submit my research methodology reports which is due 30th March 2020. So I gotta get going starting tonight. Might not sleep tonight, or might because I've been spending my day doing assignments and I need rest probably. However, given that I've been slacking and being couch potato, I deserve a night where I should focus and not let anything distract me! Goshhh I'm so easily distracted.

5 days of RMO and 9 more days to go. Good luck guys and be safe!


Wasalam. Love, Nina M.


No comments:

Post a Comment