Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Covid-19: Things I do at home

You know, being at home, 24/7 not being able to go out even for a stroll, its hard to keep your sanity in check. But it needs to be done. You kinda have to keep your mind in positivity and dont let overthinking ruined you. One thing I tried to devote myself to is pray on time. Its because its either I pray late or missed it because of work. I've been trying to fix it and many times I fail also.

It took me days in this RMO to realize that I have all the time I need to focus on my prayer, my family, my household and everything. Most of the times I spend on the screen and it contributes nothing but panic and overthinking. So I realized, why am I still slacking on prayer when I can schedule everything and always keep my prayer in the earliest time? And spend some time reading Al-Quran. Yea, I have the time for that. As long as I keep in tact with my schedule. I can make time to cook, to take care of household, to do most of thing and keep everything in order. Its hard to discipline myself especially when procrastinating is kinda my middle name. I am easily distracted too.

But really, first and foremost, I am going to always pray at the earliest time and never miss a prayer. And then, always keep my schedule like I'm working (especially shower in the early morning because it kinda help to set my mind to a task), except that I'm doing assignments and not working from home. Remind me I still have paper to submit this 30th March 2020 and still ongoing (kinda just start now).

 Things I do at home to keep my sanity in check and reduce screen time.

1. Cooks full course meal, everyday.
2. Ensure my kitchen is nice, clean and full with food.
3. Ensure the cleanliness of the house.
4. Ensure Harris is clean and shower on time.
5. Start weaning off Harris.
6. Potty train Harris.
7. Spend more time reading.
8. Do research and finishing my assignments.
9. Ganti puasa! (4 more days to go)
10. Picnic at the balcony to ensure we all got decent amount of fresh air.

P/s: Laundry is being taken care of my husband since he's the one going out for groceries.

I kinda need to focus doing my report since I just started. I've got like several papers I need to read and need to print them out. It would be unfair to say I'm tired because I've like contributed 15% in focusing to my reports and taking my time off watching tv, updating my blog and all. Damn, I am easily distracted. I just find it so hard to focus. Okay, adios.

Wasalam. Love, Nina M.

No comments:

Post a Comment