Sunday, November 18, 2018

Dealing with eczema & sensitive skin

Beware, this post might disgust you out and yuck, it is.

I've had eczema since I was a baby and yea, I've been dealing with it for 27 years now. You can never cure eczema. It will come and go. Especially when something triggers it. So for the longest time, I have to be mindful of whatever I put on my skin. Body wash, shampoo, facial cleanser, clothing, any kind of irritant, EVERYTHING. But as I grow older, my skin is not as sensitive as before. I mean, I can vary my cleanser and use scented things. Depends on what I am allergic to though. Early days, I am allergic to seafood. But after several years, I grow immune to it. Means it wont give me much hassle even after I had it.

My childhood has been quite a hassle for my parents. Because I couldnt use anything wool, just cotton clothing, a very pricey clothing detergent, body wash. Dont get me started on the medicine. Thousands. I used to be so allergic to trees, sands, I couldnt sit on the cement floor, I couldnt come in contact with any detergent. If I did, my face would become so swollen that my eyes become so small and I couldnt see anything.

Going into natural remedy and everything. Natural remedy is fine, it helps to soothe the itchiness but god knows how long does it take to reduce it. And I've become so impatient. But putting too much chemical on the skin is not good either. Really, I just dont want the itchiness and burning sensation.

My university years was horrible. Being stressful and lacking of rest triggers it. Up until my face too. Every month I have to see a dermatologist and it costs my parents a fortune for every single check up. All for me. For this sensitive and eczema skin. For the sake of their daughter's skin. I am fair-skinned and all this scars and wound looks so ugly to me. I hate that. I need to use gloves to wash dishes, to clean the toilet, to do almost everything.

I've tried SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY things, be it au naturale' or chemical, but really, YOU CANT CURE ECZEMA. It will keep coming back. Whatever contact that triggers it.

Harris been falling sick, me too, so I am lacking of rest, and a bit stressful with work and all. And being a wife, you really need to wash the dishes, clean the kitchen, cook, and it aint helping. So yea, eczema came back. Because I am lack of rest, stress and also contact irritant that triggers it. Yes, I love doing house chores and I cant stand just not being able to do anything.

So now, my eczema came back. Went to the clinic to get steroids and also for the flu I've been dealing with for the longest time.


I AM TIRED.

Having a sensitive skin is hard y'know. Because there would be days when its just gonna be itchy like sooooo itchy that you want to scratch and it wounds and bleeds and then the air bisa get in contact to other place and that other place become itchy too. Its never ending!

And when it happen, I would pop out all those biji-biji air and squeeze all the water out and dip my hands into warm salted water just to kill all the bacteria and then I would wash and put steroids on it. That's when I will be happy. But the burning sensation, arghhh so painful. As long as I'm satisfied.

Its another phase. I just have to deal with it. It'll get over soon. Goshhhhhhhhhhh





My yucky fingers full of wounds and scars. 


I'm just soooo lazy today. I just put on my instant shawl. 

I dont even know what I'm blabbering about today. But whatever. Ciao.






1 comment:

  1. Hi, i need your help to blast my crowdfunding campaign for my studies expenses.

    https://messarah.blogspot.com/2018/11/my-crowdfunding-campaign.html/

    ReplyDelete