Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Harris turns 1, October babies birthday celebration, housewarming and potluck all in one.

23rd October 2018 marks a year of me being a mother to a very wonderful child named Harris. Harris taught me a lot in life and sometimes I feel like I dont deserve a son so wonderful. I mean, I'm such a lucky person. Harris is quite an easy going baby, he doesnt whine much and clings to me most of the time. It took me quite some time to plan something for him because we're broke. And I feel like I'm a bad mother. But we're too broke to plan something big. So on Deepavali, I plan an ALL IN ONE event. The first event ever since we move out. Since I didnt do anything special for my husband's birthday this year, and for my mom too, so why not I lump sum all. And also, since I'm under quite a tight budget, I asked others if we could make this as a potluck too. Hehe.

It was such a happening day. Harris was having so much fun with the cousins. And the house is so full with people. And also, this is quite a closed event. With only my family and KakNa's. I didnt get the chance to take photo of the food. I ordered mee hon singapore from my dad's cafe and prepared cold drinks and watermelon, my mom brought seafood oglio, zira brought brownies (favorite!) and my dad sponsored teh tarik. It's more like a tea time for all of us and alhamdulillah, everything was enough.

For the cake, since this was quite a last minute plan, I didnt got so much time to order cakes. So I only bought red velvet cake from Secret Recipe. Its nice! There's so much I wanted to order though but flies literally flies out of my wallet. But I'm glad everybody had fun because its been quite a while since my family gathered.



The fast edited invitation card. 


The cake. Its a very simple one but as long as it tastes good, looks dont matter! 

Everybody was having so much fun and we didnt take too many photos. Only when everyone got home, I was like, eh we havent take any picture. That morning, after getting the cake, I went to balloon shop to get this HAPPY BIRTHDAY balloon as my backdrop and also the number 1 and balloons for kids to play with. 



My little family. The lighting was quite bright, hence the dull picture. I needed to edit it using Snapseed to get this result. And suddenly realized that the picture is not sharp. I really have to fix the lighting in our house. Its too dim at times. 



Us singing the happy birthday song to Harris. I am glad that everyone made it to our house that day. Just Azim and Fit not here because they're studying in Johor. 

I am so glad everything went well. And of course, Harris had so much fun with all his cousins. When we got home after buying the balloons, we were wondering what could we do with it since we have no tools to hang it. During the event, they blow all of it and all the children played with it. So yea, problems solved. Now we have like a bunch of balloons at home waiting to deflate. Haha. 

It was just a simple celebration with family and I'm glad that the birthday boy is happy. Alhamdulillah. 

Wasalam. Love, Nina M. 

No comments:

Post a Comment