Friday, August 17, 2018

Breastfeeding commitment 2.0

So in the last post, my breast pump wont work. The pump is still in good condition but there's no suction. I came home, tried another set of the bottle but still, doesnt work. I was so pissed. So so pissed. I came home with pain in my breast, wet shirt and still nothing works for me. Plus, with the car still in the workshop in Petaling Jaya, and loads of other things to pay, really, life sucks.

I was already considering to buy a very pricey breast pump because I just couldnt find out what's wrong with my breast pump. And if I were to get cheap ones, its still not that satisfying. But really, money is my biggest problem. A day without pumping was excruciating. My uniform drenched with breast milk and the pain arghhh. So I told my husband if we could go to buy a new pump. I wasnt expecting to get pricey ones because I really wanted to be very thorough in my pick, I dont want to regret buying the one I dont like. I was thinking of getting a manual pump just to survive another day at work. And so I did. Last night, I pumped, it was tiring......... And I got this idea of trying to switch the duckbill because the old one is torn but I never thought its the main problem since its torn for quite some time already and never affected the suction. Thankfully it fits quite nicely and when I tried pumping using the pump, IT WORKS. It bloody works! And so that's the main problem. The duckbill valve was already torn quite bad that it wont function well anymore.

In case you're wondering what is duckbill valve for breast pumps.....


This one is for Real Bubbee and its hard to get anywhere unless online. And luckily, my manual breast pump's duckbill valve which is the Pureen one fits just nice. 

So I'm going to have to search for this duckbill valve online or find stores that sells it. So yea, I am not planning to get a new breastpump, just gonna replace few accessories since that's the only thing I can afford at the moment. 

Today, I commit myself to pumping for every 2 hours. And I know I have to do it consistently for a month or two to have good results. I really wish I could improve my milk production. Formula milk are so pricey. I am trying to keep a very positive mindset and try to lessen stress at work and at home so that my body could produce more milk. You know, stressing about not being able to produce more milk also affect body milk production. So I gotta keep a positive mind. In sha Allah. I really hope one by one my problems will be solved because really, I dont know how long I could take trying to calm myself down. 

Now I am practicing to not get ticked off so easily. By means, I tried to respond to people nicely, and will try and keep calm if anything bad happens. Really, I am trying. And I am so looking forward for the good things that'll come. I really do. And I want to. If its good for me, it sure gonna come, right? 

Its Friday and I am welcoming this weekend. Which of course, with so many events to attend to. Positive nina!

Wasalam. Love, Nina M.



No comments:

Post a Comment