Tuesday, July 10, 2018

First raya with Harris

I know, I know, the long overdue post. I mean, we're so happy. Its our first raya with Harris and even before I could collect myself, slap myself & get a grip, things has been so overwhelming for us, both positively and negatively. I mean, the time has been so fast and one adventure after another, handling a baby at the same time, really guys, it aint easy (truly an experience of a first time mother).

So on our first raya, for this year, all the Kajang's family (my mom's side) will gather at our place. I woke up early, getting everything ready for my little family and family. Clean the house, kitchen, prepare the food and everything so my husband and brothers could have their breakfast once returning from the mosque. Alhamdulillah, during that time, Harris was sleeping so I manage to accomplished most chores (I work fast, I tell you).

I prepared husband's clothes, Harris's clothes, for us to bring for raya and everything. Its our first raya together Harris. I want him to know and feel the joy of Aidilfitri. So while waiting for our relatives to come, we had our usual raya routine. Bersalam-salaman & bermaaf-maafan. This year we manage to give everyone duit raya, alhamdulillah. And of course, photos time!


During the salam-salam, Harris was already so sleepy because its his nap time already, so its quite hard to get him to smile for photos. Hence, the our little family photos, with Harris sleeping. Remember I said about wanting to go for blue or yellow theme this year? Well, purple & pink are always so mesmerizing. Still wonder why I have so much of that color though. Hahaha. And I decided to go bold this year on my lipstick. I bought a purple colored Maybelline lipstick. Its my first time rocking such color, but I'm liking it. 



For this year, everybody raya KL. So full house! Alhamdulillah :)


Sorry for the low quality photo though. Its also hard to get everybody posing for a photo nicely. 

We also had our photo session at the back of our house. Its full of green and its time to make full use of husband's iPhone 8plus potrait features. 






Harris was already awake from his power nap at this time. 


Azim & Fit 


Zira noobies. 


Alang & Iffah 



Forever the prettiest in the family. Kah! (I mean, me)


Nizam & Ida 


The forever the loveliest. 


And this was when all the boys & men are away for Jumaat prayer, so we girls had a big selfie. After that, we got ready to go raya at Pak Long's house (mom's brother) and later in the evening, we went straight to Kg Klang. I really need to do another post for each raya. I know. Last year I did though and where do I even find the strong will...

So I guess that pretty much sums up our first day of raya and its Harris's first raya! I hope I have the will to blog about everything too. I mean, literally EVE-RY-THING.

Wasalam. Love, Nina M.

No comments:

Post a Comment