Thursday, May 3, 2018

Favorite 20 years ago english tv series (approx)

This came up in my mind, how I was approximately 20 years ago. While I was still in primary school. Those days were so different. No Astro. TV3 is by far the best because they air pretty much good tv series and movies. With soooo little ads in between. Goshhhh. And then ntv7 came into the picture. Spanar Jaya, Phua Chu Kang, ahhh I miss all that.

Back when we're still in primary school, school days means sleep before 10PM, every night is homework/study/tuition night and pretty much no tv for us. And they usually air good movies on Saturday night. Means, we just cant wait for Friday school to end! I remember me and my siblings look at newspaper for good tv shows. And dreading every good tv series that starts at 10PM because that would be our bedtime. 9PM would be quite okay since we could propose to start doing homework early and by 9PM, we would be in front of the tv. But with condition that we finished our homework first.

Weekend norms would be, Doraemon, Shin Chan, Power Rangers and loads of other cartoons. To be honest, I am one hardcore fan of cartoons. I watch cartoon up until now. Its one of my favorite getaways. Mr. Bean, Oggy & The Cockroaches. Goshh, those were the days.

And the list goes on and on. Rosalinda, Yo so betty la fea.......



Reading synopsis are the best! I missed out a lot on good tv series because most of the best ones are on air on Tuesday & Thursday and that's when I have tuition up until 10PM. So yea, sobs. BUT thank god for such lovely siblings, they would record all those tv series for me. How? Using tape. Yea guys, we used tapes. And we would watch them again and again, and again. I mean, that was before they have CDs. 

I remember that one day, we planned for this one movie, on TV3, during Raya I think and it was a sleepover at kampung. So we had our toto set up and everything, by 10PM, it started. And me, being the sleepy one, end up sleeping during the movie. Anddddd we didnt record since we dont have tape player in kampung, and up until now, the movie is still not on air. 20 years guys! I remember the gist of the movie. Of Arnold Schwarzenegger getting pregnant. 

Here's a few of good tv series that I dread to binge watch. But most of them are in bad quality. I'm not a tech geek so I pretty much dont know how to find good ones. I did ask my brother to download them for me, hope for anytime soon! 



I loooooooooooove how they speak to each other. Their lifestyle of getting coffee every morning, their place of living, everything! 


We recorded almost every episode in a tape guys! 


Ahhhhhh so pretty and majestic I just cant. 



So what's your favorite 20 years ago tv series? Because it's still a favorite now.

Wasalam. Love, Nina.

No comments:

Post a Comment