Sunday, April 19, 2020

Things I realized

I AM EASILY DISTRACTED AND ONE HELLA PROCRASTINATOR. 


Yea, I just gotta highlight that because seriously, I cant be focusing on only one thing. I just need to be doing something along with listening and it makes me giving only half the attention when I should be giving FULL attention. And I've been procrastinating, a lot. I mean, my classes is conducted online and I still got piles of assignments to complete and papers to read for my literature review, etc etc (the list goes on and on) and guess what? I can have all the time in the world but I cant still get my eyes (and fingers) off games and scrolling social medias. I just cant seem to pull myself out of bed every morning and use my time wisely. I'm just so undisciplined and I hate that. But hating it is (obviously) not enough hating because days goes on the same lazy pattern I regretting myself every single day! 

My semester goes on with classes conducted online and I cant seem to be focusing. I would spend time playing games (keep my fingers going except writing because I cant be writing & listening attentively at the same time) while listening to lectures and that's like 50% of attention. And as much as multi tasking is good, I could be getting more info if I give full 100% attention to listening, no? I truly have some issues with doing one thing and one thing only. I get impatient because I like to shorten waiting times and getting things done in a blink of an eye but duhhh of course its impossible. 

I am not complaining about chores, because I do most chores and I love doing all that. It's just when it comes to studying and focusing, I just couldnt pull myself out of laziness and utilizing hours focusing on doing assignments. Especially when one assignment that can be done in an hour, I spent more time on it, because I would be playing games alternately only after reading one paragraph! 

But not with reading fictions, or doing chores. I can read the whole book before doing something else. What is it with me and focusing, utilizing my brains for studying and classes???

I can focus, but I get selective. I dont know. I need to have better self-discipline. At least keeping a routine like normal working days. Even I have problem with normal working days routine. Coming late to work. Spending more time on screen than actually doing my work. 

I need to be self-discipline and stop being lazy. Just fyi, I have TWO more days to ganti puasa! How many days does a human need to be keeping routine anyway? 

So for tonight, I'm going to complete my OSHE assignment, amending a bit on my Research Methodology, planning for my OSHE PMA and start amending reports and slides for my Research Methodology. Yeap, a lot in line. Hope I can be keeping in routine and be a much more disciplined person and utilizing every seconds I have doing beneficial thing and that exclude social medias and games! (or maybe I could reduce the game time instead of eliminating it).

Wasalam. Love, Nina M. 


No comments:

Post a Comment